Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just going for a Walk


I did something today that I haven't done in a really long time.  I went for a walk.  By myself.  For no reason than to walk.  I know that doesn't sound all that special so let me explain.  First, I'm not a couch potato.  I don't want you to think that.  Although there are moments when I can be a couch potato, a very content couch potato but I'm not thinking of those moments.  I run but I don't call myself a runner.  We go for family hikes and the boys and I will walk to the playground and around the neighbourhood.  But since our family of two expanded to three and then four, walks by myself have been with a purpose -- to go to the grocery store,    so the baby can have a nap, to get the mail, to get some much needed exercise.  This morning, after bringing the boys to school, I decided to go for a walk just to go for a walk.  I walked slow.  I stopped.  I stood still.  Here are some of the things I saw.


I love when trees and plants grow from somewhere other than the ground, like this old post.  And when I peeked down the rotten hole of the post, I found these guys keeping that little maple tree company.








Next time I'm going to try to capture a falling leaf on film.  Not on my tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.