Sunday, September 19, 2010

Books, Coffee and a Cookie


Yesterday's adventure was a family trip.  Today was mine, all mine.  It was the annual Eden Mill's Writers Festival.  This was the backdrop for the day.  The village of Eden Mills in southwestern Ontario hosts the most amazing writer's festival each fall.  The village is closed down to all vehicles as people mill about from one site to the next to listen to some of Canada's best authors read from their work.  All sites are outdoors, often in a resident's backyard.  There are books, books and more books.

 It is truly the one day of the year that I am completely selfish.  Usually I do share it with my mom but she wasn't able to go this year. So I decided to go by myself.  I can't remember the last time I did something of this magnitude all by myself.  It was a beautiful afternoon.  I had no schedule.  I was responsible for no one but myself.  Selfish?  Yes, I admit it.And I'm okay with that.



Oh yeah.  There was also coffee.  And cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.