Thursday, May 26, 2011

If You Can't Find Me . . .

If the rain isn't falling and there isn't something else more pressing I should be doing, I can be found in my new favourite room of our house.  Mind you, those two conditions mean that I on't find myself here a lot.  It has been a very wet and cold spring and who doesn't often have something else they should be doing.  Regardless of that, if I can sneak away, this is where I go, usually with a book and a cup of tea.

the deck leading out from our bedroom
I love this space.  I really love this space.  And I'm not the only one.  The boys can often be found out here too, with a snack, a pile of books and often whatever else they are willing to haul out there.  It seems to be the perfect place when you don't have the energy for outdoor playing but still want to be outside.



  Special little touches are being added.  Like the herbs that were doing well in the garden but just seemed out of place.  They seem to have found their place here.



The ceiling and three walls of our new room:




Each time I step outside I feel like I finally have the treehouse I always wanted as a child.

All are invited for tea, coffee, maybe even a glass of wine if the mood should hit.  Just ignore the mess as you pass through our bedroom.  I blame it all on the boys.

12 comments:

  1. what a great out door room. i would totally be out there too as much as possible with coffee or wine & like you said a good book. enjoy your space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great spot - a little retreat even : ) our trees are way behind yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll join you for a cup of tea...or maybe better a glass of wine!!

    Looks like a perfect spot Tara to unwind, take in some fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Messes always have another source!
    What a wonderful space! Those trees. . . that view of the trees. . . fresh air. . . books and tea. Ahh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great getaway! love the greenery around you so high up...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your " herb garden". What a perfect spot right there close by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a beautiful space! I wish my backyard was as beautiful as this deck area is! Trees as walls and ceiling - what more could you possible ask for? Hopin that the weather and general life responsibilities make it continually easier for you to make it out here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful spot to hide away and grab some quiet time. I'd love to have a room up in the trees!
    p.s. Have fun sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on my way for that cup of tea! I always wanted a tree house too, but although we had a huge backyard growing up, there was nary a tree. In the summer, we hung out under the shade of the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my heavens,how beautiful is that? I'll be right over to have a cup of tea with you.(that would be so much fun.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely! I wish I had an outdoor space like this. I love how it's up in the tops of the trees!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.