Friday, May 13, 2011

First Step

As an adult, I have found that one of the biggest challenges to sitting down and drawing was the idea that my drawing had to be good.  For the most part, this challenge has been overcome.  I am more concerned now with the process of drawing and the act of putting something on the page.  Good thing too because my drawings aren't that good.    With this mountain climbed, I now often find myself standing, looking up another mountain -- what to draw.  Recently, I was directed to the Every Day Matters List.  Start with number 1 and work my way up.  Here is my first step up the mountain.


Would you like to take a peek at Quinnie's latest drawing?  I thought so.


It is a monster who loves pigs and money and, apparently, tattoos.  No Challenge List required for this boy.

I think my sketchbook may become a place where more than just my drawings reach the page.


I'm not alone in feeling this way sometimes, right?  Just checking.

6 comments:

  1. your drawings are good silly! and quinnie's? genius... i repeat myself all too often because i feel like i am talking to myself. lol.... maybe it's living in a house all of the opposite sex? hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO - you are not alone! thank you for this. I was just told by a friend that I needed to start being more creative because my thoughts lately have been consuming me. That site is just what I needed. I am going to do this. promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so right as adults we are more concerned about what our drawing looks like instead of the process of the drawing itself. i love the drawing of your shoe. Quinnie's drawing is great i love it. it is so funny you posted a pic of Quinnie's drawing as I was going to post a pic of my son's Jeremy's as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your shoe drawing is actually really amazing
    plus i love the shoe itself
    your little one's drawing is totally awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful. Totally agree on process mattering most. I've heard the same of playing an instrument. People will say they're learning to play, instead of playing. . . when they are playing as a part of the process. We don't have to master something before enjoying it.
    Amazying, too, how you read minds. Quinnie's drawing = great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool...what a great "starting" tool that site is. Sometimes it's hard to get that initial motivation.

    I like your drawings a lot...they have a certain "happy' look them.

    Hope you're having a good weekend Tara!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.