Sunday, August 7, 2011

Between the Pages and Words

Lately I have been approaching drawing with a more relaxed attitude.  Not a "Now I must sit down and draw something but what" attitude.  More a "Hey, that's cool.  I think I'll try to draw it" attitude.



My fingers have been grabbing stubby pieces of graphite rather than long pencils or pens.


Usually early morning or late evening when the house is a little quieter.


My sketch book has also become more of a journal as pages of words are interspersed with my sketches.


Tomorrow we leave for our annual camping trip on the shores of Lake Huron.  The boys look forward to this week all year long and I don't think it would be summer without this trip.  We haven't started packing yet so our Sunday is going to be a little busier than I would prefer but that's what happens when you procrastinate.  See you all when we return.

13 comments:

  1. have a wonderful week. I'd like to purchase some soap when you get back :)

    i love your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your cat drawings - my animals have been a favorite subject of mine for drawing. i hope you have a great camping trip and get lots of great pictures for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sketches! Enjoy your camping x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful holiday, Lake Huron sounds so exotic to English ears. Your drawings are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your sketches all look great - wonderful to see you working on this. somehow sketching always falls to the bottom of my list of things i like to do, despite really enjoying it when i actually get into it. hope you have a fantastic camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Tara! You draw as well-you are just so talented. Have a wonderful vacay. Looking forward to lots of pics when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How have a great time Tara...I love those annual vacations.

    Make sure you take your sketch pad with you...looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tara,

    I like the drawing of the bird in the tree. You've definitely have a talent for drawing. I like your drawing style too.

    I can certainly relate to your drawing inspiration and motivation issues. I am a writer, specifically a fiction writer, having written children's short stories and now I'm working on a literary novel. Creative writing can be daunting but then you remember what it gives you--the freedom--unjudged, to lose yourself in a story. And you find out so much about yourself and life in the process.

    Thanks for sharing this Tara and have a great camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I just discovered your blog and was wondering what flower that is on your opening picture. Did you take it yourself and what camera did you use? It's gorgeous. I just started taking pictures myself and still have a lot to learn :-) By the way, the sketches look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. I've only been to Lake Huron once--loved it! I imagine you'll have plenty of sketching material there. Your back deck, however, looks like a good place to return to sketching afterward. I enjoy seeing your art and gifts come alive in the many avenues of your talent--from the knitting to soap to drawing. Truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great sketches! Have a great trip. I love camping, one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely drawings! I adore the kitty faces.
    x Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.