Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Good Decision



Tuesday was a busy day.  From the moment I woke up, it seemed I was doing something that had to be done right then or perhaps even 10 minutes ago.  Although I had spent the entire day with the boys, I felt like I hadn't really spent any time with  them.  So when the time arrived to begin preparing supper, I thought of the anxiety of feeding two hungry boys ("I'm hungry!"), of the number of times I would have to tell a little person that I couldn't read a book or go outside at the moment because I was preparing supper and I made a decision.

I grabbed the picnic blanket, a glass of wine, a bowl of homemade salsa (so I had kind of contributed to the meal), a bag of tortilla chips and some books and we headed outside to the backyard for some much needed outdoor time.

 





This last photo made all of us giggle.


If nothing else, I made one good decision that day.

9 comments:

  1. yes, for sure. Good job mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Tara! Such a great MOM!! (and that homemade salsa looks yummy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect meal, so relaxed and happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate to this post. I am always doing something and it seems to always be something that needs to happen right NOW (things on the stove and whatnot). Sometimes I have to just put it all down and give Isaac 20 minutes undivided attention. Being present. This is usually just what he needs (and me too)...and he's off again. You are a great mum. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on this one...sometimes that is the best answer!! :-) Glad it turned out well with smiles for all.

    ps...love the wine glass nestled in the grass. My kind of day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely a good decision! Love time on a picnic blanket. The pic of the two boys together=so, so sweet. (you don't need to tell them someone thought it was "sweet" --but it is:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it sounds (and looks!) like a very good decision to me. a great way to take advantage of a nice late summer evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet post. So good to remember that sometimes a "balanced meal" is less important than seizing the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.