Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Little Catching Up

I am in awe of how quickly time is passing these days.  In my head, I have planned many posts but they just don't seem to be able to find the time to make their way down to my fingertips.  Instead of trying to write those posts, I thought I would just show you in one post what has been keeping me busy.  A little catch up, if you will and then I can start anew.

Several new soaps have been made:

Kindred -- red clay, lavender and tea tree.

Breathe -- eucalyptus and lemon.

Penelope -- lavender and lemongrass

I have even redesigned the packaging for my soaps.


To be honest, the "soap thing" has been keeping me busier than I had originally planned but not more than I had hoped.  Does that make sense?  Either way, I am continuing to make soap and it makes me happy.

I have also managed to squeeze in a few road trips with friends.

First, about a month ago, two friends and I made a short road trip to what is now our yarn and fabric sanctuary  -- Stitch.  Here are a few photos to help explain why we love it so much.






See?  Pretty.  I dare you to visit and not want to knit and sew.

Then there was our 3rd annual road trip to Niagara Falls to visit friends we only see once a year.  Once we see them, it seems like it was only last week.


There was a little knitting for our newest family member.


And a little reading, of course.


Oh and perhaps a little stitching.


And that brings us to May 3rd.

5 comments:

  1. Stich=the cutest and you have been one busy gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stitch looks like such a cool place, like Sewjourn in Australia. I wish we had a place like that here...and then I think of creating a place like that here. Maybe someday. Glad you've been having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that "kindred" soap - it looks like caramel fudge...YUM! Also, those buttons in that pan! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of good going on. I see one of your soaps and think, "oh yes, that looks good!" Then the next one and next one make me think the same thing. I just saw a lady named Penelope a couple of weeks ago. She was a coordinator for my Oxford program way back in college. Probably the only Penelope I've ever known, though I adore that name and would like to hear it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woahhhh... nice catch up. but, did i miss some important news? are you having a baby? i love all these pictures. stitch is my kinda knitting store. i made that same elephant, birdie and nest from susan b. anderson's itty bitty toys - do you remember? were we connected then? that pic of your boys at niagara falls is really funny. such a great shot. and your soaps tara, i want to eat them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.