Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Little Messes

Life has been busy -- in a good way.  Boys, school, soap, cooking, a little cleaning.  I have been wanting to return to this space on a more regular basis.  I keep thinking, "Today is the day" and before I know it, I am in my pj's.

Today has been another "busily good" day.  The sun is shining and it is unseasonably warm.  Quinnie's friend Olivia is spending the day with us.  Bowling in the morning.  A soap delivery which involved climbing 9 flights of stairs.  They were fine.  I was pooped.   Playground -- lots of climbing, running and monkey-barring.  Lunch followed by Halloween treats.  Then some quiet time.  Yes.  Coffee.  Oh wait, the crossing guard is at the door with a knitting question.  Coffee in the microwave.  Now quiet.  I sit but can't help but notice the little messes that surround me.  I should  maybe just pick that up but no.  Instead, I grab the camera and try to see the beauty in the little messes.

  



These stones are not at all a mess.  I just love them and wanted to share them.



Big picture -- the house is a sty.  Up close -- not so bad.

14 comments:

  1. It's funny how your messes ARE beautiful. Hmmmmm, why aren't mine? ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes when just my kitchen is messy i feel like the entire house is a mess even my life. so just remember - they are just little messes. it sounds like you are enjoying life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to adopt your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of little messes...as long as I don't add them all up, I'll be fine! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your messes are prettier than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Su said.... If there is beauty in the messes, my house is stunningly gorgeous!!! Love your outlook on things...makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busily good, sounds like a very nice way to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess we should all focus just a bit more up close : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say THANK goodness for close ups on the macro setting to avoid capturing the piles piling up and the clutter caving in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is all those little messes that make up a beautiful life. Love the photos. They look so tranquil, even if they have been labeled as "messes".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those messes look so familiar to me, I could probably take some of those exact pictures at my place :) Olivia had such a great day! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the beauty in the everyday busy-ness of home!
    x Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. That does sound busy! But I like your perspective on busy. Those pictures will be even more of a treasure when the season is not so busy anymore. It's the everyday stuff we need to capture. Maybe I'll quit waiting for it to be perfect and snap away:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My house is a sty, too... omg, I have piles of fabric and thread and scraps ALL over the place. The dining room table is no longer a place to eat. There is just no room because of all the STUFF. I love these stones- just lovely!

    P.S. I put the stones I have from you in a sweet curio cabinet my boyfriend got for me. I painted the cabinet a shiny black and hung it on the wall and have been trying to get photos but it's just too dark. Soon I hope to get a good one and post it to my blog (I keep my most special things in there). ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.